Lake County Injunction Defense Attorney Tavares Restraining Orders Defense Attorney
An Injunction can be permanent and can place restrictions on many of your rights. Do not risk it by handling your injunction case without an attorney. An injunction in Lake County is a civil procedure in which a person seeks to have a court order for protection. The injunction procedures in Florida are complicated and move quickly. Therefore, if you are defending against an injunction in Tavares or the surrounding areas you will need to move quickly to find an attorney to fight against these allegations. An attorney can get extensions of time to prepare for your final hearing, can take depositions and obtain witnesses who are favorable to your case. Additionally, an experienced Lake County injunction defense attorney can discredit opposing witnesses and find inconsistencies in stories by cross examination. However, most important of all, our Lake County injunction defense attorneys might be able to get the petition dismissed based on legal errors. Many petitions contain flaws that when challenged by an experienced Lake County restraining order attorney can result in the case being dismissed. Hiring an attorney can give you a significant advantage over an unrepresented party. If the accuser already has an attorney then going it alone means you are the party that is at a disadvantage. For additional information call Mount Dora injunction attorney Kevin J. Pitts at 352-508-7575. Mr. Pitts handles injunction cases in Clermont, Groveland, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Eustis Mount Dora, Tavares and the surrounding areas in Lake County.
Do Not Try To Get Through This Process On Your Own!
So what happens if you lose the injunction hearing?
If you lose and a final injunction for protection is granted against you in Florida, serious consequences can result including but not limited to the following:
1. The injunction will show up on your criminal record background check. Despite the fact that an injunction is a civil proceeding, it will be on your background check and can be seen by potential employers, landlords, scholarships, or an organization, including youth sports leagues that run you for a criminal record.
2. The injunction is enforceable nationwide.
3. You will not be able to buy a firearm or weapon, and you would be required to surrender any firearms or weapons you own. This is not limited to handguns and includes hunting rifles.
4. The court can compel you to not only move from your house if you live with the person who is seeking the injunction but also stay a specified distance away from your house.
5. You may be prevented from having unsupervised visitation or in some cases any contact with your children.
6. If the petitioner is a co-worker you could lose your job or be forced to get another job.
7. The court may on its own award child support without a full hearing on the matter, and that child support order can become permanent.
8. Further contact after the injunction is entered can result in arrest for offenses ranging from violation of a protective order, stalking, and perhaps even a felony for aggravated stalking.
9. If you have a professional license, you may be required to report the entry of the injunction and you may face discipline depending on the allegations of the petition.
10. If you are a member of the military you can be confined to quarters while not on duty, be kicked out of military housing, or have other restrictions placed on you.
11. If you are not a citizen of the United States, you could be deported or prevented from getting citizenship.
12. Your testimony can be used against you in criminal, civil or divorce cases.
13. The injunction can be used as a weapon against you by your accuser. It only takes a sworn affidavit by the accuser saying you violated the injunction and you could be arrested.
The effects of an injunction being entered against you go far beyond simply not being able to be near the person who filed the petition for an injunction. An Injunction can change your ability to see or have relationships with your spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, children, family, friends, and neighbors. Unlike in a criminal proceeding, you do not have a right to have an attorney in an injunction proceeding. However, representing yourself puts you at a huge disadvantage, while being the only one with an injunction lawyer may tilt the balance of power in your favor. For many people the injunction hearing is their first time in court for an injunction. It might be their first time in a courtroom. With our experienced Lake County injunction attorneys you can be sure that they know what to do in a courthouse.
Kevin Pitts is a former Florida prosecutors who grew up in the midwest playing football in high school and college. Attorney Kelly Pitts handles criminal defense, domestic violence, injunctions and divorce cases. Call today to set up a free consultation with injunction attorney Kevin Pitts at 352-508-7575,
Attorney Kevin J. Pitts 4195 N 17-92 Sanford, Florida 32773 PHONE (407)-268-3688 CELL (407)-883-6853 FAX (407)-732-4834 firstname.lastname@example.org
Attorney Kevin J. Pitts 747 South Ridgewood Ave., #105 Daytona Beach, FL 32114 PHONE (386)-451-5112 CELL (407)-883-6853 FAX (407)-732-4834 email@example.com